February’s over. You don’t have to write down every single expense anymore.
Use these 6 simple steps to build a household budget.
- Gather monthly expense data (done!)
- Group your expenses into categories like utilities, entertainment, food, etc
- Don’t forget to add savings and funds for unexpected expenses
- Add your monthly income
- Assign income to each of the expense categories
- Compare the income you have assigned (budget) with what you spent (actual)
Congratulations! You now have the start of a realistic household budget. You can use this tool to optimize your spending…and savings!
This information is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to provide specific investment advice. The information in the articles should not be relied on for tax reporting, accounting, or valuation purposes. Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. It is not possible to invest directly in an index.
Please note that links to third party websites are provided as a courtesy. When you link to a third-party website, you are leaving this website. We make no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided at these websites. Nor are we liable for any issues or consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies or websites made available through this website.